Better Clients Part 2: Attracting the Perfect Client
Guest: Kathryn Langsford
Owner of Photos by Kathryn
DATE: September 08, 2022
If you listened to last week’s episode you got all the info you needed to AVOID hating your clients.
This week, we are focusing on the POSITIVE.
How to ATTRACT the perfect clients for your business and then bring them into your world and solve their problems, love on them, and make them clients for life.
In this episode, Kathryn Langsford and I demonstrate how to attract the perfect client by creating a better service, doing the best work you can, and providing the best experience for clients.
And that is only possible when you are very clear on the way you want to work.
In this episode, you will learn how to:
- Create a well-defined service (that makes sense to prospective clients)
- Make changes to your business but bring your existing clients along with you
- Accept that not everyone is the perfect fit for your business
Creating a well-defined business and finding the perfect clients is an evolution; it takes time, but it’s oh so worth it.
Let’s do the ReWork!
Here’s a glance at this episode:
- [2:35] – What we really want is to love the way we’re working.
- [4:27] – There’s a misconception around finding higher end clients.
- [5:00] – It all starts with you.
- [6:01] – Attracting the right client comes from being extremely clear.
- [7:41] – A big reason photographers are not clear from the start is because they don’t know what they want.
- [9:40] – Kathryn demonstrates how she has conversations that are very clear.
- [10:50] – In the beginning, Kathryn took all the jobs, even the ones she didn’t want.
- [12:02] – Kathryn and Allison describe her perfect clients.
- [14:45] – You being able to capture the image that is exactly what your client is looking for is the best feeling.
- [15:45] – When becoming more clear on her services, Kathryn shifted her existing clients to work with her the way she wanted.
- [18:20] – Allison came to the realization that she wasn’t willing to do what everyone else was doing anymore.
- [20:16] – The job is not only to be available for what the client wants, but to educate them on what you provide exactly.
- [22:10] – You will know through having a conversation with a potential client whether or not they are a great fit.
- [24:59] – Show what you want to sell. But don’t show the things you don’t want to sell.
- [25:59] – It’s not thinking about the perfect client, but about how you want to work.
- [27:46] – Kathryn demonstrates how she would start the conversation with an existing client.
- [29:43] – Don’t make changes to your business and drop all of your existing clients. Some people will come along with you.
Links and Resources:
Download a Transcript
Website | Instagram
Do The ReWork
Website | Instagram