Is Your Branding Broken?
With Allison Tyler Jones
Owner | ATJ Photo & The ReWork
DATE: August 18, 2022
The common lament of portrait photographers everywhere, “I need more clients!” Ideally, yes, we want more clients. But what if you’ve increased your marketing efforts and it’s not working out how you’d hoped? Instead of attracting well-qualified clients who want what you do, you’re attracting:
Price sensitive people looking for “minis” or a deal.
Potential clients who just want digital files so they can DIY their own portraits.
Where is the disconnect?
Why is this happening?
It all boils down to branding and your branding might just be broken but, how can you tell if it is?
In this episode, I share 3 tell-tale signs that your branding is broken and what to do to fix it.
In this episode, you will learn how to:
- Clarity: Be crystal clear with yourself first and then your clients so there’s no confusion.
- Confidence: Confidently share what you do (and don’t do) to attract the best kind of client for your business.
- Consistent: Repeat that message again and again (and again) until it becomes a part of the DNA of your business.
Here’s a glance at this episode:
- [2:08] – If clients know exactly what you do, you will attract the best client for your business.
- [2:53] – The first way to tell if your branding is broken is when you get the wrong kinds of calls.
- [3:33] – Your marketing isn’t paying off like it should.
- [4:22] – Another sign is that you have confused clients.
- [5:15] – Be crystal clear about what your message is. Before you can be clear to your clients, you have to be clear with yourself.
- [6:46] – What happens when someone challenges you on your policies?
- [7:49] – Allison shares how she revamped her website to show finished artwork so she became more clear on what she provides.
- [10:51] – The reason we aren’t consistent is because we are afraid.
- [12:51] – When you are clear and make this change, you will actually get fewer yesses.
- [13:43] – Clarity with yourself breeds confidence.
- [15:17] – How can you reflect the client and what makes their portraits special?
- [17:20] – Confidently consulting with clients before ever picking up the camera creates clear expectations without being salesy.
- [18:30] – The word “consistency” means different things in different contexts.
- [19:42] – Your consistency pays off when your clients start quoting you.
Links and Resources:
Download a Transcript
Do The ReWork
Website | Instagram