Sales Sabotage and What to Do About It Part One – Predict
Allison Tyler Jones
Owner | ATJ Photo
DATE: April 14, 2022
In the second episode in our Sale Sabotage Series we are going to talk about predicting what your clients will do or say BEFORE they do it.
Rather than coming from a place of fear and worry about what clients will or won’t do (you know the drill):
“What if they don’t buy anything?”
“What if they freak out over my prices?”
Instead, imagine every scary question or possible sales scenario and then bake your answers to those questions by bringing up the subject BEFORE your client’s can. Bake the answers into your first phone call, your consultation, and every, single conversation you have with a client.
To be honest, I’ve found that client objections tend to fall into three basic categories:
1) Not wanting to decide.
2) Who’s in control?
3) Is this worth it to me?
In today’s episode I’m going to share with you how you can harness the power of prediction to be as prepared as possible for any challenging client objections that come your way.
As the saying goes, if you are prepared, you’ll have no reason to fear, and armed with a little advice, you might even begin to love the sales side of this business as much as I do.
Here’s a glance at this episode…
- [01:30] What you can expect to learn from today’s episode, the first in our Sales Sabotage Series.
- [02:57] Some of the many reasons that photographers don’t like the sales side of their work.
- [04:26] Prediction that is based on fear versus prediction that comes from a positive mindset.
- [05:35] Why questions from clients are a good thing!
- [06:13] A challenge that I want you to complete.
- [06:46] Examples of common comments/questions that we receive from clients.
- [09:57] The way we respond when clients express shock at the price of our products.
- [11:16] How we communicate our stance on digital files to our clients.
- [13:22] Benefits of using our free Sales Sabotage Evaluation Tool.
- [14:00] Our approach to dealing with clients who delay decision making (something you are probably very familiar with!).
- [15:38] How we respond to clients who tell us they don’t want portraits on their walls.
- [18:22] Know the value of your work, and help your clients see that.
- [20:59] The importance of making sure that your clients are prepared for the process involved in getting their portraits done.
- [22:36] Control that most clients want you, as the professional, to take during the portrait session.
- [23:30] A recap of my challenge to you, and how it will benefit your business.
- [24:50] The power of the right kind of prediction!
Links and Resources:
Do The ReWork
Website | Instagram