Training Your Clients Part 4: Setting Yourself up for Success
Guest: Jessica Mackey
Director of Development | The ReWork
DATE: October 06, 2022
As we wrap up this four-part series, we’ve learned about retraining clients and retraining ourselves, but now it’s time to put the pieces together and set ourselves up for success.
So in the fourth and final part of the Training Your Clients series, Jessica Mackey joins again to discuss just that!
To set yourself up for success, you have to go back to the beginning and ask yourself what you want the outcome to be. There is a reason you want to make a change to your business. What is it? And more importantly, how can you set yourself up for success with new and existing clients?
In this episode, you’ll learn how to:
- Consider all angles when making a change to your business
- Take small steps to ease existing clients into a new process
- Ask yourself the appropriate questions about the changes
- How to communicate these changes effectively with your clients
Here’s a glance at this episode:
- [2:11] – It’s about making changes in your business but also communicating them to your clients.
- [3:15] – Why are you making a change to begin with?
- [4:20] – Allison describes the reason behind making a major change to her business structure.
- [6:02] – Jessica admits being a very impulsive person, but when making changes to your business, take your time.
- [7:31] – What do you want out of a change?
- [9:24] – A change should be inspired by the desire to serve clients better.
- [11:48] – What precedent are you setting? Consider how to communicate that.
- [13:23] – Sometimes when you are making changes, you can’t throw everything out and start over.
- [15:28] – Allison demonstrates how to talk to clients about the changes and how they are made to benefit them.
- [17:55] – Is the change consistent with your brand?
- [19:18] – When you set appropriate boundaries and communicate changes effectively, you will also enjoy your job even more.
- [21:21] – Reach out to Allison and Jessica about the changes you are making in your business.
Links and Resources:
Download a Transcript
Do The ReWork
Website | Instagram