What a 17 Year Old Knows About Social Media that You Don’t
Guest: Ross Tyler DeCesare
Social Media Manager | DeCesare Design Group
DATE: July 28, 2022
More and more, social media is THE tool to connect with potential clients, to showcase your work and tell the story of how you do what you do. Being intentional with your social media is more important than ever.
That’s why we have our resident social media mastermind on the podcast today. My nephew, 17-year-old Ross Tyler DeCesare has been managing the social media for DeCesare Design Group for the last three years and their following has exploded ever since.
Today he shares tips on planning posts, how to get engagement, and how he was able to use TikTok to increase an Instagram following. There is so much you can do, you’re sure to find a nugget that will help you.
In this episode, you will learn:
- How to use or avoid trends to remain authentic
- What types of posts do well on Instagram and TikTok
- The data and insights you can track to post at optimal times
- Ways to batch and schedule posts to stay consistent
Here’s a glance at this episode:
- [1:52] – Welcome to the show, Ross! Ross describes his background and what he does with social media.
- [3:18] – Social media is a double edged sword. It is great but can be a time-suck.
- [4:07] – TikTok is a platform that blew up during Covid. Ross experienced a viral post in 2021.
- [5:35] – Sometimes we try to be too trendy and posts lose authenticity.
- [6:45] – Ross does look at trends to track engagement and what he has learned is the best time of day to post for follower interaction.
- [7:48] – When it comes to programs to help plan and post, Ross uses Planoly.
- [9:20] – Instagram stories get a lot of interaction. Ross describes what he usually shares in his Instagram stories.
- [10:34] – Behind the scenes video and posting end results is great video content for reels.
- [12:03] – Delaying posts is absolutely fine. You can better batch posts this way.
- [13:57] – Be yourself. Show what you do and what your message is.
- [14:46] – You have to be consistent. It could take a lot of posts to see progress.
- [16:10] – Sometimes social media doesn’t bring you clients, but it builds a follower base for your projects.
- [17:43] – Existing clients love seeing themselves on your social media.
Links and Resources:
Download a Transcript
DeCesare Design Group
Website | Instagram
Do The ReWork
Website | Instagram