Do you ever feel like you could just work 24/7 and still not get everything done? If so, this episode is for you!
When you spend your time doing things you feel like you SHOULD do, and saying yes when you should be saying no, you end up not having time for the things you WANT to do, or for the things that are most important. So today Jessica and I are going to be talking about how to create SPACE for things in our lives outside of work (and running a thriving business at the same time!).
This episode is full of personal stories which highlight the importance of being intentional with your time, and we hope that it inspires you to be more conscious of how you are spending YOUR ultimate commodity!
Here’s a glance at this episode…
- [02:01] The common problem that we experience, and see other people experiencing, of feeling like there isn’t enough time in the day to get everything done.
- [05:55] Unnecessary expectations that are put on women in particular.
- [07:44] Asking for help in your professional or personal life can be difficult, but it will change your life!
- [10:54] You can probably afford more help than you think you can.
- [12:15] An example of how I changed a portion of my business in order to give myself more time with my family.
- [15:28] How you should be structuring your prices.
- [16:51] Benefits that I experienced when I started taking Friday’s off work.
- [18:44] The importance of allocating set times for tasks, and preparing for the unexpected.
- [21:09] Why we don’t give our clients reasons when we say no to doing a shoot.
- [25:46] The benefits of setting healthy boundaries.
- [29:56] Two personal stories which highlight the importance of making time for the things that matter most.
- [35:21] An example of a “tripping over dollars to pick up dimes” situation.
- [38:14] What we believe to be the most important thing in life.
Links and Resources:
Download a Transcript
Do The ReWork
Website | Instagram
Allison Tyler Jones
Website | Instagram | LinkedIn